The role of Receptionist exists to provide high quality reception services to both clients and visitors and the presentation of a professional ‘first impression’ of the business. The role also provides high level administrative support to the business across a range of operational tasks.
The position has no direct reports.
This role has been designed to be a part time position – worked on a job share basis between two employees. Contracted hours and days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday for one employee and Thursday and Friday for another employee (current vacancy). Span of hours may be 8.30am – 5.00pm OR 9.00am – 5.30pm, subject to individual employee preference.
The Receptionist is accountable for the following activities:
- Professional reception services to all clients and guests
- Quality administrative support
- Superior appearance of reception area(s) and meeting rooms
- Smooth and efficient operation of office support activities
- Contacting clients to confirm Review appointment scheduling
Other duties as requested
GENERAL DUTIES AND TASKS
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Operating the switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Performing administrative support tasks such as scanning and maintaining files and records, preparing correspondence, photocopying, sending and receiving information or documents either electronically or via mail or facsimile.
- Greeting clients and visitors upon arrival, determining the nature and purpose of visit, and directing or escorting them to their destination or making comfortable while another employee is called to attend to them.
- Preparing Board room and Meeting room(s) for use and tidying and refreshing room at meeting conclusion.
- Maintaining petty cash and receipting.
- Scheduling appointments, and maintaining/updating appointment calendars.
- Providing basic information about the business to clients or potential clients, in reference to employees in the team or services the business provides.
- Keeping a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability and communicating such appropriately.
- Collecting, sorting, distributing and preparing mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Planning and coordinating client lunches as required.
- Maintaining office supplies and arranging purchase for self and team as necessary to keep all stationary supplies at hand for business operations (including PDS’s).
- Maintaining supplies for staff amenities including the staff kitchen and bathroom and arranging purchase as necessary.
- Providing general administrative support to team including preparation of correspondence, processing of travel information/requirements, or other documents.
- Maintaining an immaculate reception area (by taking care of furnishings, straightening magazines and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness at all times).
- Providing support to the team in the basic upkeep of IT requirements in relation to Internet and Email and be the point of contact between our IT company and the business.
BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Client focused
- Attention to detail
- Professionally presented
- Outgoing with a bubbly personality
- Mature and articulate communicator
- Committed to team success
- A people person who enjoys the ‘hustle bustle’
- Able to multi task and prioritise
- Follows through and adheres to deadlines
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self Starter
- Open to team coaching
- Quick to learn
- Good dancing skills and not afraid to show them off!
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience (reception or administration)
- Superior administration skills and high level of typing accuracy
- Intermediate – Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience working in a financial planning environment
- Previous experience using Adviser Logic software
We would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW. Or call our HR Consultant Colette Simon on 0402 636 553 for a confidential discussion or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.