We Are Looking For a Friendly, Passionate and Amazing Person to Join Our Team as Our Receptionist
- Newcastle West Location – Brand new Contemporary Work Space
- Professional and friendly team environment
- Work Life Balance and Fun – Highly Valued!
Want to work in a business that will truly value you and your contributions? Do you love working with passionate and talented people that are genuinely committed to exceeding client service expectations? Want to balance your work and your life with an awesome 6 weeks annual leave per year? Read on….
This exceptional opportunity will see you working within a unique and growing workplace which offers Financial Planning, Accounting, Law and Personal Coaching advice and services.
The role of Receptionist exists to provide exceptional reception services to both clients and visitors and the presentation of a professional ‘first impression’ of the business. The role also provides administrative support to the business across a range of operational tasks.
The position has no direct reports.
The role is a full time position. It may be offered as a job share, subject to the requirements of the business.
The Receptionist is accountable for the following activities:
- Professional reception services to all clients and guests
- Superior appearance of reception area(s) and meeting rooms
- Smooth and efficient operation of office support activities
- Contacting clients to confirm appointment scheduling
The Receptionist is responsible for the following safety accountabilities:
- Following all safe work procedures, instructions and laws
- Participating in the management of health and safety
- Encouraging others to act in a healthy and safe way
- Participating in safety training
- Reporting health and safety issues
- Using safety and personal protective equipment, as provided
General Duties and Tasks
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Operating the switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments
- Performing administrative support tasks such as scanning and maintaining files and records, preparing correspondence, photocopying, sending and receiving information or documents either electronically or via mail or facsimile
- Greeting clients and visitors upon arrival, determining the nature and purpose of visit, and directing or escorting them to their destination or making comfortable while another employee is called to attend to them
- Preparing meeting rooms for use and tidying and refreshing rooms at meeting conclusion
- Maintaining petty cash and receipting
- Administering the set-up of new clients electronically
- Scheduling appointments, and maintaining/updating appointment calendars
- Providing basic information about the business to clients or potential clients, in reference to employees in the team or services the business provides
- Keeping a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability and communicating such appropriately.
- Collecting, sorting, distributing and preparing mail, messages and courier deliveries
- Maintaining office supplies and arranging purchase for self and team as necessary to keep all stationary supplies at hand for business operations (including PDS’s)
- Maintaining supplies for staff amenities including the staff kitchen and bathroom and arranging purchase as necessary
- Maintaining an immaculate reception area (by taking care of furnishings and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness at all times)
Behaviours and Attributes
- Client focused
- Attention to detail
- Professionally presented
- Outgoing with a bubbly personality
- Mature and articulate communicator
- Committed to team success
- A people person who enjoys the ‘hustle bustle’
- Able to multi task and prioritise
- Follows through and adheres to deadlines
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self Starter
- Open to coaching
- Quick to learn
- Good dancing skills and not afraid to show them off!
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant and current reception experience
- Superior administration skills and high level of typing accuracy
- Intermediate – Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Previous experience working in a professional services/financial planning reception environment
We would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW. Or call our HR Consultant Colette Simon on 0402 636 553 for a confidential discussion or email your application to email@example.com